Fathers Day Sunday 1st September
Many Australians observe Father’s Day on the first Sunday of September. It is a day for people to show their appreciation for fathers and father figures. Father figures may include stepfathers, fathers-in-law, guardians (eg. foster parents), and family friends.
Many Australians celebrate Father’s Day on the first Sunday of September.
Many Australians celebrate Father’s Day by showing their appreciation for their fathers or father figures. Acts of appreciation are done in different ways and may include
- A day out in the park, at the movies, at a zoo, or another place of interest.
- Handmade or purchased cards.
- Presents such as shaving items, male colognes, male travel grooming kits, food baskets, plants, clothing, equipment for hobbies, or gift vouchers.
- Breakfasts, brunches, lunches, or dinners either at home, at a restaurant, or at a café.
- Father’s Day charity activities, such as fun runs or purchasing special gifts, to raise money for causes such as services for the visually impaired or research on prostate cancer.
- Some families may prefer to visit places of worship together.
Some magazines and newspapers choose this time of the year to publish positive Father’s Day stories that focus on the challenges that some men faced and achievements that they made to provide the best for children in Australia. Many of these articles are published both in print and online. Television and radio programs may also have Father’s Day specials during this period.
Visit Spearwood 7 Day Pharmacy for Father’s day gifts before on on the big day. We are open 8 am to 8 pm.